Editor’s Note: There are at minimum 99 Things about life at Camp Alleghany for Girls that are NOT changing this summer! That’s why we started our 99 THINGS Blog Series with: Part 1: Activities, Part 2: Downtime!, Part 3: Food., Part 4: Mornings & Evenings.
I don’t know about you but I am increasingly finding myself SO EXCITED for this long-awaited summer back at our beloved camp which will be, most importantly, swarming with you, our campers! How we missed you last summer.
But no more time to mourn that loss as we turn our attention to to a full and brimming camp this summer, bursting with nature, overflowing with happiness, steeped in friendships, alive with songs, and churning with healthy, happy activity!
So to continue our 99 THINGS blog series and the many, many, many things about camp that will be just as you remembered, we invite you to get ready for the end of each camp day, when we gather for our Evening Activities.
Here is just a small sampling of what you can look forward (and I’d love it if you’d send me a DM through Instagram telling me what YOU are looking forward to back at ‘Ghany this summer! Or tag us in your stories and we’ll add it to ours!)
Get Ready for Evening Activities
1. Bond with your Unit on Unit Night.
2. Play the best game of Crab Soccer ever.
3. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the fireworks!
4. Enjoy the wafting smell of the wood smoke after a Campfire.
5. Just try to contain your laughter and delight during each Term’s Counselor Show!
6. Feel the unity and togetherness as you sing along with “Here’s a Health” at Vespers and Campfires.
7. Run around camp intent on completing a scavenger hunt.
8. Try NOT to contain your tears of joy and sorrow while singing “Babies Boats” or “Remember” at the last Campfire of each Term.
9. Put on your detective hat and search out your counselor during Counselor Hunt.
10. Let go and transport yourself to the land of stories as you watch a movie in your pajamas on Movie Night.
11. Show you performance “skillz” in silly skits or Airband with your tent mates.
So much to look forward to, so much to treasure — our summer will be amazing, and after this long time apart, it will be that much sweeter. I can’t wait, can you?
Elizabeth Shreckhise, Director, Camp Alleghany for Girls
*If you want to learn more about the merits of sleepaway summer camp, download my FREE e-book, 3 Reasons to Begin Your Child’s Sleepaway Summer Camp Experience Early. It’s a great resource to share with friends, or if you are a first-time camp family and you wonder what sleepaway camp would be like for your child. We’re open this summer — so come join us!