We did not know what to expect when we crossed the Greenbrier River on the barge and arrived at Camp Alleghany. What we found was a community of warm, friendly people, breathtaking scenery, outdoor adventures, and time to really be with family. There is no sweeter sound than Taps at the end of a full day. Even though we have no connection to Camp Alleghany, my husband, grandchildren and I all feel like ‘Ghany Campers. Thank you!
What Family Camp Is Like
You’ll come for the fun, fellowship, and relaxation and leave refreshed, renewed, and invigorated for the seasons ahead!
Would you like to take an affordable family vacation to the beautiful mountains of West Virginia? Situated in beautiful Greenbrier County, it’s a place where families enjoy outdoor living at its finest. Take a break from our fast-paced society and come to the peaceful banks of the Greenbrier River. Enjoy quality time with your family, participate in our many activities, or just kick back and enjoy each others’ company.
Three delicious meals a day are cooked and served in our Dining Hall by our new expert kitchen staff, Wolfoods.
All activities are offered daily (weather-providing); make your own schedule! You decide how much or how little you want to participate. Choose any or all activities including; swimming, canoeing, rifle, archery, arts & crafts, hiking, campfires, roasting s’mores, spending quality family time, and more.
At the time of registration, you’ll be responsible for the $125.00 non-refundable deposit. The remainder of your balance is due June 1; invoices will be emailed on a rolling basis. If you would like to pay earlier or have payment questions, please email us.
Register for Family Camp 2023!
2023 Dates & Rates:
- $100 per adult per night
- $50 per child per night
- August 6th-August 13th
- 7 nights Sunday-Sunday
- 3 nights Sunday-Wednesday
- 4 nights Sunday-Thursday
- 4 nights Wednesday-Sunday
- 3 nights Thursday-Sunday
2023 Programs & Evening Activities Schedule
Arrival and Departure
- Coming soon!
- Tents with hardwood floors and beds.
- Showers and flush toilets adjacent to tent area.
- On-site washing machine and dryer.
- Families are housed in platform tents, up to 5 people per tent
- Families may reserve one of our 2-bedroom, 1-bathroom Cowbell Alley Cabins for an extra fee
Cowbell Alley Cabin Accommodations and Pricing:
Two families at a time can stay in our Cowbell Alley Cabins. Each is a two-room cabin with its own private bathroom, electricity, and 2-3 beds per room (inquire with questions). Families are responsible for their own bedding.
- $150 per adult per night in Cowbell
- $75 per child per night in Cowbell
- Staff: Our Family Camp staff is comprised of mostly Alleghany alumni. Apply to be on Family Camp Staff.
- Pets: We’re sorry, but we can’t accommodate pets.
- Medical: Family campers are responsible for their own medical care while at Alleghany. We have basic first aid supplies, and the Greenbrier Valley Medical Center is 15 minutes away by car.
What to Bring:
Below is an initial packing list, stay tuned for a more detail list coming soon!
- Bedding (sleeping bags, or twin sized sheets and blankets)
- Towels (bath and river)
- Clothing for warm days and cool nights
- Rain gear
- Swim wear, water shoes
- Inner tubes/floats
- Camp chairs
- Cooler, snacks, drinks, and containers to store them in
- Battery-powered lanterns or flashlights
- Tennis racquet
- Golf clubs
- Fishing gear
- Hiking boots
- Shotguns, shells, and clays for trap shooting
- Clothes for caving
- Rest Hour items (books, cards, quiet games)
- Please do not bring any valuables
Our complete downloadable Family Camp Information Packet. If you still have questions, please e-mail Family Camp.