Our Traditional Family Camp is not operating this summer due to West Virginia’s COVID-19 guidelines and restrictions; however we are working on plans for an alternative Family Retreat, so please continue to check this site for more information.
We did not know what to expect when we crossed the Greenbrier River on the barge and arrived at Camp Alleghany. What we found was a community of warm, friendly people, breathtaking scenery, outdoor adventures, and time to really be with family. There is no sweeter sound than Taps at the end of a full day. Even though we have no connection to Camp Alleghany, my husband, grandchildren and I all feel like ‘Ghany Campers. Thank you!”
What Family Camp Is Like
You’ll come for the fun, fellowship, and relaxation and leave refreshed, renewed, and invigorated for the seasons ahead!
Would you like to take an affordable family vacation to the beautiful mountains of West Virginia? Situated in beautiful Greenbrier County, it’s a place where families enjoy outdoor living at its finest. Take a break from our fast-paced society and come to the peaceful banks of the Greenbrier River. Enjoy quality time with your family participating in our many activities or just kicking back and enjoying each others’ company.
Three delicious meals a day are cooked and served in our Dining Hall by our expert kitchen staff.
All activities are offered daily (weather providing); make your own schedule! You decide how much or how little you want to participate in. Choose any or all activities including: swimming, canoeing, rifle, archery, arts & crafts, hiking, campfires, roasting s’mores, watching fireworks, spending quality family time, and more.
We’re also just minutes by car from hip and bustling downtown Lewisburg and the stately Greenbrier Resort. Guests are free to choose to spend a morning shopping or sight-seeing in town, or walking/biking on the Greenbrier River Trail.
Read our complete information packet for full schedule and details.
At the time of registration you’ll be responsible for the $100.00 non-refundable deposit. The remainder of your balance is due August 1; you will receive an email in early July with your invoice. If you would like to pay earlier or have payment questions, please email FamilyCamp@campalleghany.com.
2020 Dates & Rates:
- Sunday, August 9th to Sunday, August 16th
- 2-night minimum stay up to the whole week
- Adults: $85.00/night (includes 6% WV sales tax)
- Children 2-12: $42.50/night (includes 6% WV sales tax)
- Children under 2: Free
- Families are housed in tents up to 5 people per tent. An extra tent fee may apply for families smaller than 5 requesting more than one tent.
- All week (7 nights, Sunday 8/9 – Sunday 8/16)
- Sunday- Wednesday (3 nights, 8/9 – 8/12)
- Sunday-Thursday (4 nights, 8/9 – 8/13)
- Wednesday-Saturday (3 nights, 8/12 – 8/15)
- Wednesday-Sunday (4 nights, 8/12 – 8/16)
- Thursday- Saturday (2 nights 8/13 – 8/15)
- Thursday- Sunday (3 nights, 8/13 – 8/16)
2020 Programs & Evening Activities Schedule
- CLICK HERE to view our 2020 Activities Schedule-in-Progress! (subject to change due to weather or other reasons)
Arrival and Departure
- Check in Sunday between 1:30- 4:30 p.m.
- Check in Wednesday and Thursday 2:30-4:30 p.m.
- Check out is 9:00 a.m. or 11:00 a.m.
- Tents with hardwood floors and beds.
- Showers and flush toilets adjacent to tent area.
- On-site washing machine and dryer.
- Staff: Our Family Camp staff is comprised of mostly Alleghany alumni.
- Pets: We’re sorry, but we can’t accommodate pets.
- Medical: Family campers are responsible for their own medical care while at Alleghany. We have basic first aid supplies, and the Greenbrier Valley Medical Center is 15 minutes away by car.
What to Bring:
- Bedding (sleeping bags, or twin sized sheets and blankets)
- Towels (bath and river)
- Clothing for warm days and cool nights
- Rain gear
- Swim wear, water shoes
- Inner tubes/floats
- Camp chairs
- Cooler, snacks, drinks, and containers to store them in
- Battery-powered lanterns or flashlights
- Tennis racquet
- Golf clubs
- Fishing gear
- Hiking boots
- Shotguns, shells, and clays for trap shooting
- Clothes for caving
- Rest Hour items (books, cards, quiet games)
- Please do not bring any valuables