“We did not know what to expect when we crossed the Greenbrier River on the barge and arrived at Camp Alleghany. What we found was a community of warm, friendly people, breathtaking scenery, outdoor adventures, and time to really be with family. There is no sweeter sound than Taps at the end of a full day. Even though we have no connection to Camp Alleghany, my husband, grandchildren and I all feel like ‘Ghany Campers. Thank you!”
What Family Camp Is Like
You’ll come for the fun, fellowship, and relaxation and leave refreshed, renewed, and invigorated for the seasons ahead!
Would you like to take an affordable family vacation to the beautiful mountains of West Virginia? Situated in beautiful Greenbrier County, it’s a place where families enjoy outdoor living at its finest. Take a break from our fast-paced society and come to the peaceful banks of the Greenbrier River. Enjoy quality time with your family participating in our many activities or just kicking back and enjoying each others’ company.
All activities are offered daily (weather providing); make your own schedule! You decide how much or how little you want to participate in. Choose any or all activities including: swimming, canoeing, rifle, archery, arts & crafts, hiking, campfires, roasting s’mores, spending quality family time, and more.
At the time of registration you’ll be responsible for the $125.00 non-refundable deposit. The remainder of your balance is due June 1; invoices will be emailed on a rolling basis. If you would like to pay earlier or have payment questions, please email us.
Woo hoo — Family Camp Registration opens much earlier this year due to the interest in our 100th Summer Anniversary. Mark your calendars — registration opens December 6, 2021.
2022 Dates & Rates:
- Family Camp will run August 7-16th
- $85/adult and $42.50/child for all nights except Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights
- $150/adult and $75/child on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights
- For a 7+ night stay, you lock in the regular rate of $85/adult and $42.50/child for your entire stay
- All rates include 6% sales tax
- 9 Nights: Sunday to Tuesday
- 8 Nights: Sunday to Monday
- 7 Nights: Sunday to Sunday
- 5 Nights: Sunday to Friday
- 3 Nights: Sunday to Wednesday
- 4 Nights: Sunday to Thursday
- 4 Nights: Wednesday to Sunday
- 5 Nights: Wednesday to Monday
- 6 Nights: Wednesday to Tuesday
- 5 Nights: Thursday to Tuesday
- 4 Nights: Thursday to Monday
- 3 Nights: Thursday to Sunday
- 4 Nights: Friday to Tuesday
- 3 Nights: Friday to Monday
- 2 Nights: Friday to Sunday
2022 Programs & Evening Activities Schedule
- Coming soon!
Big 100th Anniversary Bash
Save the date! Our Big Anniversary Bash to celebrate our 100th Anniversary happens Saturday, August 13, from 5-11pm! The event includes:
- Festive outdoor party setting under a huge event tent (rain takes us to the Playhall).
- Cocktail Hour
- All You Can Eat Dinner Buffet
- 7-Piece band Applebutter Soul
- Special historic reflections and presentations as only camp can do!
AS OF AUGUST 1ST: We are currently at full capacity for this event, and on a Wait List. We will not be able to accommodate walk-ins on the day of the event. If you wish to attend, you must join the Wait List.
Read more details in our blog post here.
NOTE: All Family Campers in camp on Saturday are included in the party festivities at no extra charge! (Family Camp overnight accommodations for that weekend is already full with a wait list. You are welcome to join the wait list but we also encourage you to book alternative accommodations now if you plan to come to the Big Anniversary Bash. Consider nearby lodgings, local AirBnBs, or the historic Greenbrier Resort. (Book early as the West Virginia State Fair happens at the same time and is always a state-wide draw.)
Arrival and Departure
- Coming soon!
- Tents with hardwood floors and beds.
- Showers and flush toilets adjacent to tent area.
- On-site washing machine and dryer.
- Families are housed in platform tents, up to 5 people per tent
- Families may reserve one of our 2-bedroom, 1-bathroom Cowbell Alley Cabins for an extra fee
Cowbell Alley Cabin Accommodations and Pricing:
Two families at a time can stay in our Cowbell Alley Cabins. Each is a two-room cabin with its own private bathroom, electricity, and 2-3 beds per room (inquire with questions). Families are responsible for their own bedding.
- Two-night stay is $742 per family unit up to five people ($700 + 6% sales tax of $42)
- Three-night stay is $1113 per family unit up to five people ($1050 + 6% sales tax of $63)
- Four-night stay is $1484 per family unit up to five people ($1400 + 6% sales tax of $84)
- Seven-night stay is $2597 per family unit up to five people ($2450 + 6% sales tax of $147)
- Staff: Our Family Camp staff is comprised of mostly Alleghany alumni. Apply to be on Family Camp Staff.
- Pets: We’re sorry, but we can’t accommodate pets.
- Medical: Family campers are responsible for their own medical care while at Alleghany. We have basic first aid supplies, and the Greenbrier Valley Medical Center is 15 minutes away by car.
What to Bring:
Below is an initial packing list, stay tuned for a more detail list coming soon!
- Bedding (sleeping bags, or twin sized sheets and blankets)
- Towels (bath and river)
- Clothing for warm days and cool nights
- Rain gear
- Swim wear, water shoes
- Inner tubes/floats
- Camp chairs
- Cooler, snacks, drinks, and containers to store them in
- Battery-powered lanterns or flashlights
- Tennis racquet
- Golf clubs
- Fishing gear
- Hiking boots
- Shotguns, shells, and clays for trap shooting
- Clothes for caving
- Rest Hour items (books, cards, quiet games)
- Please do not bring any valuables