The purpose of the Lantern Scholarship is to assist persons who otherwise could not financially attend Camp Alleghany, and to promote social and economic diversity at camp. The CAAA will not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, or religion.
Thank you for your interest in Camp Alleghany! To apply for the Lantern Scholarship:
- Fill out the application. Deadline for the application is December 15.
- The Scholarship Committee with review your application, and you will hear back from the committee by February 1.
- Donate to the Lantern Scholarship Fund.
Objective Standards for Eligibility of Camp Alleghany Scholarship Recipients
Camper scholarships are for term camp based on space availability and competition of documentation as well as availability of funds for the program. A camper who attended Alleghany the previous summer (whether scholarship or not) will have priority. Beyond this, prospective campers will be judged on the financial ability of the family to pay, the questionnaire filled out by the girl and her parent(s) and fulfilling of the objectives below.
- The camper is currently a 3rd through 9th grader (would be rising 4th through 10th grade in the summer, typically approx. 9 to 16 years old)
- The camper appears committed, based on her application, to being a positive contributing member of camp and shows a genuine interest in participating
- For a girl who previously attended Alleghany, counselor and department evaluations from the previous summer are favorable.
- The camper has a family who supports her attendance
- The camper’s family is unable to otherwise afford sending her to Alleghany, as shown by their submission of income and expense information on the scholarship application
- The amount given toward the participation of any scholarship camper shall not exceed the costs of attendance and store allowance and portion of transportation minus the amount the family is able to pay
Click HERE for Income Eligibility Guidelines.