It’s that time of year again when savvy parents shore up next year’s summer plans for their kids.
Because popular summer programs fill up way faster than you might think.
By planning in advance, you often get the advantage of special discounts (like at Camp Alleghany) while also enjoying the peace of mind that comes with getting all your ducks in a row.
Securing your space
So, beginning next month, at the stroke of midnight when the calendar page turns to October 1, 2015, Camp Alleghany opens our official public registration for Summer 2016 for both Term Camp and Mini Camp. (We’ll post the registration link in a future blog.)
And that’s the time to act, both to secure your daughter’s space and to enjoy our Early Bird Special rate with 10% off Term Camp registrations! (Mini Camp registration opens then, too, but there’s no Early Bird Rate for our short and sweet — and very popular — Mini Camp week.)
- See our Mini Camp and Term Camp 2016 Dates.
- See our Rate Sheet (with the Early Bird Discount pricing details, too. The Early Bird rate is good until December 1, 2015.)
I’ve found a couple of tricks that can really help you say on top of registration day.
1. Subscribe to the blog to get all the most up-to-date news. Just enter your email address in the form below.
2. Set calendar alerts on your phone to remind you of the registration opening time.
3. Write an additional reminder in your paper calendar or planner.
4. For the best chance to meet your family’s needs next summer, register on opening day.
Planning ahead can take a little bit of strategy, but I find it always pays off in the end because there’s nothing harder than missing these great windows for registration and ending up on the waiting list. It can put next summer into such limbo.
So set those reminder, get ready to register, and most of all look forward to a wonderful summer for your camper next year!
I hope this helps you the prepare for Summer 2016 and if you have any questions, please e-mail me.
— Elizabeth Dawson Shreckhise, Assistant Director, Camp Alleghany for Girls