Summer 2020 Dates
It is extremely important that you know that you can commit to working at Alleghany for the entire summer.
We ONLY hire Term Camp Counselors for our whole summer.
If you are unavailable for any significant portion of the contract dates, please do not apply. Staff Training is mandatory for all summer staff. Staff Training is the key to building consistency in the staff community and providing a safe and comfortable environment for our campers.
Counselor/Staff Arrival Dates:
Head Counselors: June 11th
International staff arrival date: June 13th
Rest of counseling staff arrival date: June 14th
Mandatory Staff Training: June 14-27, 2020
Counselor/Staff Work Dates:
Head Counselors: June 11-August 8
Head of Waterfront: June 11-August 16
Everyone else (counselors, JCs): June 14-August 8
- Look at your summer calendar.
- See when your school gets out/starts.
- Check with your parents about vacations, etc.
- Look at college orientation dates or any other demands on your time.
- If all this works and doesn’t conflict with our mandatory dates, continue with the application process.
- Mother-Daughter Weekend: June 19-June 21
- Mini Camp: June 21-27
- First Term: June 28 – July 18
- Second Term: July 19 – August 8
- Full Term: June 28 -August 8
- Leaders-In-Training Program: June 28 -August 8
- Family Camp: August 9-16
Application Due Dates
Junior Counselors (JCs): November 1, 2019
All other positions: Currently still accepting applications for counseling positions for summer 2020.
JCs: Months of November and December
All other counseling staff: Within two weeks of applying
What Else Do I Need to Know?
It goes without saying that in taking care of children, and setting an exceptional example for them, we have extremely high expectations about our counselors’ personal conduct both on site and during off hours. Click below to read our Counselor Policies Page: