Summer 2021 Dates
It is extremely important that you know that you can commit to working at Alleghany for the entire summer.
We ONLY hire Term Camp Counselors for our whole summer.
If you are unavailable for any significant portion of the contract dates, please do not apply. Staff Training is mandatory for all summer staff. Staff Training is the key to building consistency in the staff community and providing a safe and comfortable environment for our campers.
Counselor/Staff Arrival Dates:
Head Counselors: June 10th
International staff arrival date: June 12th
Rest of counseling staff arrival date: June 13th
Mandatory Staff Training: June 13-26, 2021
Counselor/Staff Work Dates:
Head Counselors: June 10-August 7
Head of Waterfront: June 10-August 15
Everyone else (counselors, JCs): June 13-August 7
- Look at your summer calendar.
- See when your school gets out/starts.
- Check with your parents about vacations, etc.
- Look at college orientation dates or any other demands on your time.
- If all this works and doesn’t conflict with our mandatory dates, continue with the application process.
- Mother-Daughter Weekend: June 18-June 20
- Mini Camp: June 20-26
- First Term: June 27 – July 17
- Second Term: July 18 – August 7
- Full Term: June 27 -August 7
- Leaders-In-Training Program: June 27 -August 7
- Family Camp: August 8-15
Application Due Dates
Junior Counselors (JCs): November 1 (there is NO Junior Counselor application for 2021, those who were hired as Junior Counselors for 2020 will be the JCs in 2021)
All other positions: Currently accepting applications for counseling positions for summer 2021.
JCs: Months of November and December
All other counseling staff: Within two weeks of applying
What Else Do I Need to Know?
It goes without saying that in taking care of children, and setting an exceptional example for them, we have extremely high expectations about our counselors’ personal conduct both on site and during off hours. Click below to read our Counselor Policies Page: